“I like drawing buildings” – is the answer Brian, at the age of 10, gave his uncle when asked why he only drew buildings. His uncle suggested that Brian be an architect when he grew up and explained who an architect is. From that day forward Brian had focused his heart and mind on becoming an architect.
Brian attended Blue Hills Regional Vocational High School in Canton Ma where he learned mechanical drafting and autoCAD. After graduating in 1993 Brian joined the US Army Reserve Corp of Engineers and worked on several construction projects in the U.S. and overseas in Kenya and Panama during his eight year commitment.
In 1994, Brian attended his first semester of college at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA where he graduated with an associates degree in Architectural Engineering Technology. While attending WIT, Brian set the foundation for his professional career working as a drafter and designer for an MEP engineering firm for the next five years.
Brian continued his education at the Boston Architectural College where he graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture. While attending the BAC Brian continued growing his professional career working for several architecture firms in the Boston area gaining valuable experience in commercial and industrial architecture.
Brian moved to Arizona in 2007 to further his experience by adding multi-family residential and assisted living/memory care design, while being employed at Whitneybell Perry Inc, to his already established experience in commercial and industrial architecture. To this day Brian has accumulated over 20 years of continuous, valuable work experience in the building design profession and has attained the following credentials:
- Licensed Architect: AZ | CO | MA | NV | TX | UT
- NCARB Certification to acquire licenses in any state
- Completion of NCARB intern development program (IDP)
- Member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Member of AIA Arizona local chapter
- LEED accredited professional
- Member of US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Plan review self certification in the City of Phoenix, reg #104
- Town of Gilbert Design Review Board – Former Member, Vice Chairman, Chairman
- Town of Gilbert Planning and Zoning Commission – Active Commissioner, Vice Chairman
- Board Building Safety Professional Member of the International Code Council (ICC)
- AZ Board of Technical Registration – Enforcement Advisory Committee Member